Saturday, November 24, 2012

Staying Home

This week was a little cut short because of Thanksgiving, but we had to read an article about homemaking and if it makes you dumber or is mind-numbing to stay at home instead of "experiencing" the world. It kind of bothered me that women's rights are saying how it's mind-numbing for women to stay home when they should be out having careers in the world. The most important thing you can do in your life is to bear children and raise them. I think you can learn so much from staying at home with your children. They are so curious about the world and ask so many questions you would have never thought of. Their perspective is so different I think you can learn new things every day. I learn so much from my little girl. I know some families need both parents to go to work to make ends meet and that's fine. You can keep up with the world and learn new things and still stay at home. Plus just because you're in a career doesn't mean your job allows it so you can be learning new things all day, you're probably just doing the same mind-numbing things at work.

However, it is important to pursue your education I feel because you can help teach your children.

No comments:

Post a Comment